The Bund

The Bund
Sightseeing on The Bund September 2014

Monday 14 July 2014

4 weeks 4 days

That is what the widget on my phone says...
4 weeks and 4 days until 16th August which is when we really need to be leaving in order to hit the orientation date (22nd August) for James and Laura's school and allow a couple of days to get over jetlag :/
So much to do and yet so little can be done due to the work going on in the house. Main bathroom nailbitingly close to being finished (more painting done this evening), en suite underway and still the cloakroom to do. After the upstairs work has been completed, the painter will be free to come in and paint hall, landing, stairs and the 15 new doors (yet to be hung). Around this I need to paint all the bathrooms and also the master bedroom. Then the carpet fitter can come and THEN I must clean maniacally and we can have a letting agent round  to advertise the house and I can start packing!! Pass the valium please... :-O

Some general info:
We are hoping to live here: www.shanghai-emerald.com  We looked round a place here (no. 31) and have a reservation on no. 32 which we have yet to see in person.
(House layout here http://www.shanghai-emerald.com/HouseLayout/Show/?PId=3&S=B)
The children have confirmed places at: http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/pudong
There are two families signed up, the other family also have 2 children who are in the same year as James (Yr 2 moving to Yr 3 next year).

Btw I am new to blogging, but if I have time, I think this will be useful stress relief so this is intended to be therapeutic for me as much as trying to keep everyone else informed (retail therapy had helped so far, but there's a limit to how much we can take with us!)

2 comments:

  1. I am replying to this page but is it a blog or Facebook? I too am ( obviously) new to blogging! Cath...... I am cringing at the challenge you are now facing, a challenge that I know you'll rise to and conquer. Hopefully neglecting some of the less important stuff to spare your sanity!!!! Hope you manage to keep in touch somehow? Is blogging the answer. ... xx tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You replied on the blog Tara :) If all else fails, there's always email! Have no idea whether I will be able to access this from Shanghai but hope so...xx

      Delete