The Bund

The Bund
Sightseeing on The Bund September 2014

Tuesday 22 July 2014

25 days

Flights are booked as of yesterday!
Definitely leaving 17th August, glad we are booked at last :)

Had a busy day on Monday as expected and then was surprised at what I thought was someone else's school leaving party with a lovely bunch of flowers and card.
I have enjoyed working at Minety Primary so much and feel sad that I'm going to miss two whole year groups make their way through the final stages of the school. I don't have any significant input to their education but as there are only 123 children I know each of them fairly well. I have the fantastic opportunity to be in the setting several times a week and also feel so in touch with my own children's education as a result, plus I hear anecdotes from teachers that I wouldn't otherwise hear. I hope similar opportunities will present themselves to volunteer at the British International School in Pudong (which I will refer to as BISS from now on!)



 
Laura had her last Rainbows session and they presented her with a diary and a card they had all signed, a lovely gesture as she only started going just before half term. Puffin had also looked into transferring to Rainbows Shanghai if Laura wants to (and if it is anywhere near us!) The after school clubs at BISS included Rainbows so it may be that this is operated by the official branch.
 
The agent that will be managing the letting of our house came today and was full of useful tips and information, we have experience of their services and it is great to be totally confident in their abilities to ensure the safekeeping of our family home and ensuring that it generates income!
 
A short entry today as I haven't washed up yet or done packed lunches and I am exhausted and fully intend to actually go to bed promptly tonight...famous last words!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! I couldn't put that, no-one else would understand!!!

      Delete
  2. Annabel Billinger22 July 2014 at 14:54

    So exciting! Well done you. It all sounds pretty emotional. Xx

    ReplyDelete