The Bund

The Bund
Sightseeing on The Bund September 2014

Sunday 20 July 2014

27 days...

A very busy weekend! Much packing and sorting has gone on, in between flogging stuff on Facebook and sorting end of tenancy issues for the rented house (Fairfield).
Compiling inventory lists of each box is my latest least liked task.

Our estimated departure date has now moved to 17th August although no flights are booked yet.

So many jobs to tick off next week and it coincides with the last week of term *sigh*. Work is still ongoing in the en suite bathroom, I need to  dash to Swindon first thing to exchange the childrens' suitcases (for bigger ones!), then back to let the oven valeter in to Fairfield at 10.30, work lunch at school, then Maison Let (letting agent for our house) are coming Monday afternoon. The following days are a similar medley of cramming in jobs, appointments, fixing things and making sure everything is ready for the painter who is starting next week (landing, hall and stairs, followed by 15 new doors!)

I am currently wading through treacle with Vodafone trying to convert to Pay As You Go, I wasted an hour on the phone on Friday (well, not a complete waste, they were on speaker, but you know what I mean!) before giving up. I am now on my third 'agent' on Livechat as they couldn't help me in the shop when I tried that tactic on Friday afternoon (cancellation has to be done in writing etc etc) They are now quoting £326.67 Early Termination Fee as I am in a contract until October 2015....aaaaagh, but there is no choice and no negotiation possible :( Thanks to the delay on Friday I am now into the 30 day window they require for notice which means that this transfer to PAYG will happen while I am in China...what could possibly go wrong?!?!! Not holding my breath...And to top it all off, I have to go back to the shop to pick up a blank SIM. Grrrr.

On another happier note, the children are enjoying eating up the contents of the cupboards. Did the baking cupboard today and this is the resulting snack/treat:
 
 
A sad consequence of eating everything up is that we ate the last pack of Staffordshire Oatcakes today. Who knows when we will have them again... :(
 
 
 
And finally, a sad day for Thunderbird J. It suffered a fatal pedal snapping/wheel jamming incident en route to the swings and is now destined for the great GoKart race track in the sky. So much hard work went into this much loved GoKart by GrandpaFixit and we hadn't quite worked out how to get James to come to terms with the fact that it was too small for him and we couldn't take it to Shanghai. It seems fate has intervened and he has shed a tear, we put it in the skip and sung the Star Wars theme tune by way of a ceremony!
 



 







No comments:

Post a Comment